Most people visit St. Michaels Maryland for the cute historic downtown, relaxing atmosphere, and good food, but did you know that there is a long history of maritime tradition that is deeply enriched in the community? Here in St. Michaels we are lucky enough to have The Chesapeake Bay Maritime Museum where visitors can get
It’s back-to-school time! But there is still plenty of time to back your bags and enjoy all of the great weather fall has to offer. With fun, food and waterfront views, you really can’t go wrong, what better place to dash off to then the Eastern shore of Maryland. Here are the top 5 reasons
Are you planning a company meeting or retreat for this fall or winter? Trends are showing that more and more companies are looking to make their company meetings more fun and engaging for their employees. Here are the top 4 meeting trends for the fall 2014: Location: According to a recent survey, 43% of
Most people visit St. Michaels Maryland for the cute historic downtown, relaxing atmosphere, and good food, but did you know that there is a long history of maritime tradition that is deeply enriched in the community? Here in St. Michaels we are lucky enough to have The Chesapeake Bay Maritime Museum where visitors can get a hands-on learning experience with boat building and maritime traditions. The museum has something to offer for any season – in the fall you can find tons of Autumn Festivals, in the winter you can enjoy the Interactive Exhibits, and in the summer you can arrive by boat!
One of the most amazing and unique things about the Chesapeake Bay Maritime Museum is their working boatyard. The museum celebrates St. Michaels’ rich history of boat building by continuing this age-old tradition of hand building. You can stop by and see staff building and renovating boats, you can also do your own apprenticeship!
Local photographer, Michael Borkoski recently created a photo series surrounding the St. Michaels boatyard. Take a look at his beautiful photos here.
For more information on visiting St. Michaels and the Chesapeake Bay Maritime Museum, please visit us here or call us at 800.446.9066.
It’s back-to-school time! But there is still plenty of time to back your bags and enjoy all of the great weather fall has to offer. With fun, food and waterfront views, you really can’t go wrong, what better place to dash off to then the Eastern shore of Maryland.
Here are the top 5 reasons to drop everything and head off to St. Michaels for the perfect fall getaway.
- Get on the Water: If you are looking to be on or near the water for your fall getaway, St. Michaels is the place to be. You can catch a sailboat ride, relax by the water, or even try paddle boarding for the first time. If there is an activity on the water, you will find it here.
- Make a Tee Time: St. Michaels has some of the best golf courses in Maryland. The Harbortowne Golf Course was designed and built by the legendary golf course architect Pete Dye. Playing to a par 70, the Harbortowne Golf Course – has many Pete Dye trademarks. Narrow fairways with target landing areas, carefully placed mounds in the rough, deep bunkers, high grass bunkers, neat little ponds, walls of railroad ties, and small protected greens are just a few of the highlights of this extraordinary course.
- Prime Location: St. Michaels offers amazing views of the bay with a relaxing, low key vibe. Historic downtown offers boutique shopping and delicious restaurants – all without large crowds. If you are lucky you will visit on a weekend with one of the areas many fun and exciting festivals.
- Wine & Dine: If you are looking for a culinary adventure, look no further. St. Michael’s is chock full of restaurants, wineries, distilleries and breweries. Check out the St. Michaels Winery for a delicious experience.
- A little History: For those looking to add a little education to their trip, this is the place to be. MD, and St. Michaels are rich with history. Take a walk through the Chesapeake Bay Maritime Museum, or hop on board the Patriot Historical Cruise and learn about the history of the area with a beautiful view of the bay.
Take advantage of the last bit of warm weather. Call us today, or go online to book your trip to St. Michaels this fall.
Are you planning a company meeting or retreat for this fall or winter? Trends are showing that more and more companies are looking to make their company meetings more fun and engaging for their employees. Here are the top 4 meeting trends for the fall 2014:
- Location: According to a recent survey, 43% of meeting planners list destination as their #1 priority when choosing a meeting location. Planners want unique spots, with gorgeous views, lively culture, and a variety of activities. You really can’t beat the waterfront location at Harbortowne. Our meeting rooms offer employees stunning views of the Chesapeake Bay, and the quaint town of Saint Michael’s gives people many options to explore in their time off.
- Flexible Meeting Spaces: Meeting planners are looking for spaces that that can be utilized creatively for multiple different events whether they are sit down sessions or ice breaking activities. Our meeting spaces give you the flexibility you need to have the perfect company meeting. Our conference rooms and facilities accommodate groups from 10 to 160 people including 8,000 square feet of meeting rooms that overlook the Chesapeake Bay! We can also offer unique outdoor spaces for your meeting or retreat. Contact your meeting planner for more information on where your meeting can be held.
- Team building: In a recent survey, 92% of planners reported that teambuilding remained high on their list of priorities for company outings and meetings. In addition, they are looking for unique, one of kind locations to host team building activities. Here at Harbourtowne, we have joined forces with an assortment of vendors to inspire ideas and create creative team building activities. Some fun activities we’ve successfully coordinated in the past include:
- Kayaking to an island to embark on a treasure hunt
- Build your own sailboat and race them from our sandy beach
- Scavenger hunts in St. Michaels
- Team volleyball matches
- Thinking Outside the Meeting: Company meetings and getaways don’t have to be spent completely inside! In fact, sporting venues are trending in the meeting industry right now. In addition, trends are leaning toward all-inclusive meeting packages complete with amenities such as spa treatments or golf. Our golf course, designed and built by the legendary golf course architect Pete Dye, provides a great test of skills for players of all levels. Our practice facilities are excellent. They include a full service driving range, practice and bunker area, chipping/pitching green and a large putting green. For your convenience, golf clubs can also be rented.
Summer is a great time to take a break on the Eastern Shore. Come to Harbourtowne and play our Pete Dye designed golf course. We are offering the Masters Golf Package which includes three rounds of golf. Enjoy all of this included in the package price of $249.99 – $299.99:
- Waterfront guest room for 2 nights
- Three Golf Rounds – 18 holes with cart
- Breakfast and gratuity each morning
- Driving range balls, bag tags, club storage & cleaning
- Additional Rounds of Golf are half price on this package
See more details about the Masters Golf Package here.
Improve your game and spend time in relaxing St. Michaels. Check out the top ten reasons to love St. Michaels here. From stand up paddle boarding to shopping to touring the Maritime Museum, there is as much to do off the course as on it.
After the long winter, spring has finally sprung! The geese have returned and flowers are beginning to sprout. We are certainly celebrating and hope you are as well. We want to take this opportunity to share some exciting upcoming events happening at the resort and around town. We look forward to seeing you soon.
Sunday, April 20th
Served 11am-2:30pm (last seating)
The Golf Course is Ready and Waiting
Spring has arrived and the course is primed for play. Reserve your tee time or golf getaway package today.
Don’t Miss our Annual Golf Demo Day & Open House
Saturday, April 26th, 10:00am to 3:00pm
Demo equipment from the big names in golf – Callaway, Nike, Taylor Made, Ping, Cobra and Cleveland!
St. Michaels Winefest
April 26th and 27th, 12pm-5pm
Hundreds of wines will be served at 18 different pouring venues, including VIP tasting tents. See details at winefestatstmichaels.com.
It’s Not too Early to Think about Mom
Make reservations for our annual Mother’s Day Brunch
Sunday, May 11th
Served 11am-2:30pm (last seating)
Discounted Waterfront Guest Rooms Available
The town is open and ready for your visit! Consider a long holiday weekend over Easter and Mother’s Day…reserve your getaway today!