Are you planning a company meeting or retreat for this fall or winter? Trends are showing that more and more companies are looking to make their company meetings more fun and engaging for their employees. Here are the top 4 meeting trends for the fall 2014:
- Location: According to a recent survey, 43% of meeting planners list destination as their #1 priority when choosing a meeting location. Planners want unique spots, with gorgeous views, lively culture, and a variety of activities. You really can’t beat the waterfront location at Harbortowne. Our meeting rooms offer employees stunning views of the Chesapeake Bay, and the quaint town of Saint Michael’s gives people many options to explore in their time off.
- Flexible Meeting Spaces: Meeting planners are looking for spaces that that can be utilized creatively for multiple different events whether they are sit down sessions or ice breaking activities. Our meeting spaces give you the flexibility you need to have the perfect company meeting. Our conference rooms and facilities accommodate groups from 10 to 160 people including 8,000 square feet of meeting rooms that overlook the Chesapeake Bay! We can also offer unique outdoor spaces for your meeting or retreat. Contact your meeting planner for more information on where your meeting can be held.
- Team building: In a recent survey, 92% of planners reported that teambuilding remained high on their list of priorities for company outings and meetings. In addition, they are looking for unique, one of kind locations to host team building activities. Here at Harbourtowne, we have joined forces with an assortment of vendors to inspire ideas and create creative team building activities. Some fun activities we’ve successfully coordinated in the past include:
- Kayaking to an island to embark on a treasure hunt
- Build your own sailboat and race them from our sandy beach
- Scavenger hunts in St. Michaels
- Team volleyball matches
- Thinking Outside the Meeting: Company meetings and getaways don’t have to be spent completely inside! In fact, sporting venues are trending in the meeting industry right now. In addition, trends are leaning toward all-inclusive meeting packages complete with amenities such as spa treatments or golf. Our golf course, designed and built by the legendary golf course architect Pete Dye, provides a great test of skills for players of all levels. Our practice facilities are excellent. They include a full service driving range, practice and bunker area, chipping/pitching green and a large putting green. For your convenience, golf clubs can also be rented.