Are you planning a company meeting or retreat for this fall or winter? Trends are showing that more and more companies are looking to make their company meetings more fun and engaging for their employees. Here are the top 4 meeting trends for the fall 2014:
- Location: According to a recent survey, 43% of meeting planners list destination as their #1 priority when choosing a meeting location. Planners want unique spots, with gorgeous views, lively culture, and a variety of activities. You really can’t beat the waterfront location at Harbortowne. Our meeting rooms offer employees stunning views of the Chesapeake Bay, and the quaint town of Saint Michael’s gives people many options to explore in their time off.
- Flexible Meeting Spaces: Meeting planners are looking for spaces that that can be utilized creatively for multiple different events whether they are sit down sessions or ice breaking activities. Our meeting spaces give you the flexibility you need to have the perfect company meeting. Our conference rooms and facilities accommodate groups from 10 to 160 people including 8,000 square feet of meeting rooms that overlook the Chesapeake Bay! We can also offer unique outdoor spaces for your meeting or retreat. Contact your meeting planner for more information on where your meeting can be held.
- Team building: In a recent survey, 92% of planners reported that teambuilding remained high on their list of priorities for company outings and meetings. In addition, they are looking for unique, one of kind locations to host team building activities. Here at Harbourtowne, we have joined forces with an assortment of vendors to inspire ideas and create creative team building activities. Some fun activities we’ve successfully coordinated in the past include:
- Kayaking to an island to embark on a treasure hunt
- Build your own sailboat and race them from our sandy beach
- Scavenger hunts in St. Michaels
- Team volleyball matches
- Thinking Outside the Meeting: Company meetings and getaways don’t have to be spent completely inside! In fact, sporting venues are trending in the meeting industry right now. In addition, trends are leaning toward all-inclusive meeting packages complete with amenities such as spa treatments or golf. Our golf course, designed and built by the legendary golf course architect Pete Dye, provides a great test of skills for players of all levels. Our practice facilities are excellent. They include a full service driving range, practice and bunker area, chipping/pitching green and a large putting green. For your convenience, golf clubs can also be rented.
Summer is approaching and with warmer weather coming, staff members will be as anxious as ever to get out of the office. Instead of fighting it, plan an office escape to the coastal shores of the Chesapeake Bay for a destination meeting. Combine work with pleasure to make the most of the season. There are many reasons why you should meet in St. Michaels, but we have narrowed it down to our top 5.
1. Business Paired with Relaxation – Being the charmingly laid back town that St. Michaels is, it is the absolute perfect spot to recharge your batteries while still meeting business objectives.
2. Location, location, location – Located directly on the shore of the Chesapeake Bay, you will be engulfed by this beautiful natural setting with waterfront views from all 111 guest rooms. It’s coastal living at its finest.
3. Getting Here is Easy – Just a short drive from all local major cities, St. Michaels is just 125 miles from Philadelphia, 85 miles from DC and Northern Virginia and 80 miles from Baltimore. This makes St. Michaels an easily accessible, yet secluded meeting destination.
4. Small Town, Big Value – Offering many of the same benefits/amenities as your larger resorts in major cities, Harbourtowne in St. Michaels offers you the same perks with an added dose of relaxation for a fraction of the cost.
5. Customizable, Complete Meeting Packages—Harbourtowne in St. Michaels offers customizable meeting packages to fit your company and your budget. Whatever your needs, we’re here to help!
There has never been a better time to get your employees out of the office. Hosting an off-site meeting has the potential to add great value to a business by inspiring employees and offering them a chance to think outside of the conference room. Destination meetings promote a more engaging environment that fosters teamwork and creates more productive employees.
At Harbourtowne we customize meeting packages to fit you, your business, and your budget. We replace the typical meeting, add to it with teambuilding activities and create a shared experience that extends beyond the meeting room. We boast waterfront venues for outdoor events as well as two meeting rooms that overlook the Bay. Continental breakfast is offered daily as well as lunch and dinner buffets and continuous break service. We also offer a variety of teambuilding vendors with whom we partner with to tailor event activities to meet your specific business needs.
The idea is to provide hands on activities to improve the effectiveness of your team. Destination Paradise is one of our partner vendors who coordinated a soapbox derby build with World Bank here at Harbourtowne. It was interactive and fun for all participants.
Gooseworks Consulting is another partner who offers team and organizational development services. They held a cardboard boat building exercise with another bank group at Harbourtowne. Whatever your unique business needs, leave it to our partners to stage the perfect activities and bring your meetings back to life.
Let us help get your office be inspired! Request Harbourtowne for your next meeting today!
Wednesday, May 2, 2012
8:00am until 5:00pm
801 Mount Vernon Place, NW
Stop by our booth and say hello to Joy Haschen and Jennie Perley. We hope to see you there!
Learn more about the expo
Strengthen bonds and develop indestructible plans while having fun (well almost indestructible)! Replace the typical meeting or conference or simply add to it with an exciting team building activity. Take a look at this very fun but collaborative Cardboard Boat Build our meeting guests enjoyed. Our sales staff will listen to your goals and recommend the perfect vendor to plan your activity.