After the long winter, spring has finally sprung! The geese have returned and flowers are beginning to sprout. We are certainly celebrating and hope you are as well. We want to take this opportunity to share some exciting upcoming events happening at the resort and around town. We look forward to seeing you soon. Easter
We will be offering a special Valentine Weekend Dinner Menu in the Bayview Restaurant, Friday, February 14th and Saturday, February 15th. Enjoy an assortment of Valentine-inspired appetizers, entrees and desserts. When you order from the Valentine menu, you’ll receive a complimentary Champagne toast for two (21 years or older). Seating starts at 5:30pm with last seating
Spring may be just a few short months away, but this time of year still has us firmly in winter’s grip. If the colder temperatures and too many days of gray skies leave you feeling a bit stir-crazy, it’s time to get out of the house and away from it all. Winter is an ideal
Although we like to think we’re a little different here, we know that sometimes traveling during the summer can be totally draining. When you add up the cost, the travel time, and the expense of activities, it can be a little too much. If you find summertime traveling to be overwhelming, don’t worry! We are
If you are looking for a location to host your company meeting this year, Harbourtowne Golf and Conference Center has exactly what you’re looking for. Our beautiful site in St. Michaels, MD is conveniently located less than 90 miles from both Baltimore and Washington, DC and about 150 miles from Philadelphia. CVENT listed Harbourtowne as
Summer is officially coming to a close, but that doesn’t mean the fun has to end! In fact, fall can be one of the best seasons to make a trip out to the Eastern Shore for some golfing and relaxing. Here are our top reasons to take a golf trip this fall:
5 reasons to go golfing on the eastern shore this year:
1. Weather: Now that we’re past the summer’s sweltering heat, you can enjoy a nice long round of golf without melting. Autumn is the perfect time to visit the Eastern Shore, with temperatures between the mid to high 70’s it is the ideal time to take a golf trip!
2. Smooth Sailing: Summer is over, which means a lot less traffic standing between you, and a relaxing day of golf. Traveling after Labor Day is the best time to get the most out of your weekend without having to worry about when you will actually get there.
3. Harbourtowne Golf Specials: In honor of fall, we are running some great stay and play deals. Now through November you can book a Masters Golf Package (10 players minimum) and receive a $20.00 per room food and beverage credit. Packages start at $249.98 per person and include waterfront guest rooms for 2, three rounds of golf (18 holes with cart), and breakfast each morning. For more information or to book your weekend visit our website.
4. Fall Activities in Saint Michaels: After your round of golf, spend the rest of your afternoon in downtown Saint Michaels enjoying the shopping, dining, and even seasonal festivals. Check out the Fall into Saint Michaels Festival this October.
5. Waterfront Golf Experience: Fall is the perfect time to experience our award-winning course. Designed and built by the legendary golf course architect Pete Dye. Playing to a par 70, our Golf Course has many Pete Dye trademarks. Narrow fairways with target landing areas, carefully placed mounds in the rough, deep bunkers, high grass bunkers, neat little ponds, walls of railroad ties, and small protected greens are just a few of the highlights of this extraordinary course.
Now is the time. Early fall is when small Eastern Shore towns peak. That’s when these small towns stop being detours along the way to the beach and turn into full-fledged weekend destinations. The Eastern Shore is host to wonderful family-oriented annual events including waterfront festivals, seafood festivals, boat races, fishing tournaments, boat shows, museum events, arts and crafts shows, and more.
As summer turns to fall, and weekend warriors try to squeeze in one last getaway, small towns like Easton, Oxford and St. Michaels offer a hint of nostalgia among visitors to the Eastern Shore. There’s an element of timelessness here, with American flags on porches waving in the breeze and bikes meandering down quiet lanes.
Crack into Maryland’s Trademark – Crabs!
Don’t leave the Eastern Shore without sampling the Chesapeake Bay renowned blue crab at a down-home eatery, cracking shells with your own wooden mallet.
Sail on a Historic Skipjack
Though they once dominated the Chesapeake Bay waterways, these traditional fishing vessels are now nearly extinct—but you can hop aboard one of the few remaining ones and experience a bit of history.
Get Back to Nature
Bike the Blackwater National Wildlife Refuge or paddle the tidal marsh pathways of the Fishing Bay Water Trail and look for bald eagles.
UPCOMING NOT-TO-MISS EVENTS
Fall Into St. Michaels 2013
October 19th and 20th
Celebrate the fall season with family fun activities, food, shopping, pumpkin carving, pie contest, and more. Visit St. Michaels Event Calendar for details.
November 2nd, 10am – 4pm
Come celebrate the Bay oyster with live music, great food, family activities, skipjack and buyboat rides, oyster aquaculture and restoration demonstrations, oyster tonging, and cooking demonstrations. Visit cbmm.org for more details.
Dreaming of an elegant white and silver soiree or maybe traditional red roses and calla lilies holiday themed approach to tie the knot? A winter wedding can make your special day that much more magical.
Winter provides the perfect backdrop for a formal winter affair. Enhance the elegance and sophistication with crystals and silver accents giving your wedding a formal yet festive touch without being too over the top. Added subtle seasonal touches such as peppermintini signature cocktails, candles to create ambiance, or winter/holiday themed favors will give your guests that extra warm and fuzzy feeling.
Off-season is the new in-season for weddings. The romantic ambiance that makes winter weddings so appealing, coupled with the lack of competition for vendors and venues, makes them more popular than ever. They are also friendlier on your budget. You can receive significant discounted rates as opposed to the “full-priced” regular season.
Make your dream a reality – begin planning your winter wedding at Harbourtowne today by calling our on-site wedding coordinator, Elaine Phillips at 800.446.9066 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Summer is approaching and with warmer weather coming, staff members will be as anxious as ever to get out of the office. Instead of fighting it, plan an office escape to the coastal shores of the Chesapeake Bay for a destination meeting. Combine work with pleasure to make the most of the season. There are many reasons why you should meet in St. Michaels, but we have narrowed it down to our top 5.
1. Business Paired with Relaxation – Being the charmingly laid back town that St. Michaels is, it is the absolute perfect spot to recharge your batteries while still meeting business objectives.
2. Location, location, location – Located directly on the shore of the Chesapeake Bay, you will be engulfed by this beautiful natural setting with waterfront views from all 111 guest rooms. It’s coastal living at its finest.
3. Getting Here is Easy – Just a short drive from all local major cities, St. Michaels is just 125 miles from Philadelphia, 85 miles from DC and Northern Virginia and 80 miles from Baltimore. This makes St. Michaels an easily accessible, yet secluded meeting destination.
4. Small Town, Big Value – Offering many of the same benefits/amenities as your larger resorts in major cities, Harbourtowne in St. Michaels offers you the same perks with an added dose of relaxation for a fraction of the cost.
5. Customizable, Complete Meeting Packages—Harbourtowne in St. Michaels offers customizable meeting packages to fit your company and your budget. Whatever your needs, we’re here to help!
Whether you prefer red wine or white, all the wine gurus in town, as well as those just down for a good time, gathered for WineFest in St. Michaels the last weekend in April. The passerbies were treated to a variety of wine and food offerings in culmination with jazz tunes that made for a splendid weekend.
This year, WineFest was dedicated to the victims and heroes of the Boston Marathon. A big thank you to those who joined us at the fourth annual charity event, and also to those who sponsored the cause. To see photos from this event visit the St. Michaels Tourism Facebook page and check out their album.
Join us next year, as always the last weekend in April, for St Michaels’ fifth annual WineFest celebration. Looking for another great excuse to come to St Michaels in the meantime? Join us for the St. Michaels Running Festival this weekend, May 18th , or May 24th – 27th for Memorial Day Weekend. Until then, stay thirsty my friends.