Despite the fact that back-to-school is in the air, summer isn’t over yet! There is still plenty of time to back your bags and enjoy all of the best things that summer has to offer. With fun, sun and water, you really can’t go wrong, what better place to dash off to then the Eastern
Are you planning a company meeting or retreat for this summer? Trends are showing that more and more companies are looking to make their company meetings more fun and engaging for their employees. Here are the top 4 meeting trends for the summer 2014: Location: According to a recent survey, 43% of meeting planners
Summer is a great time to take a break on the Eastern Shore. Come to Harbourtowne and play our Pete Dye designed golf course. We are offering the Masters Golf Package which includes three rounds of golf. Enjoy all of this included in the package price of $249.99 – $299.99: Waterfront guest room for 2 nights
After the long winter, spring has finally sprung! The geese have returned and flowers are beginning to sprout. We are certainly celebrating and hope you are as well. We want to take this opportunity to share some exciting upcoming events happening at the resort and around town. We look forward to seeing you soon. Easter
We will be offering a special Valentine Weekend Dinner Menu in the Bayview Restaurant, Friday, February 14th and Saturday, February 15th. Enjoy an assortment of Valentine-inspired appetizers, entrees and desserts. When you order from the Valentine menu, you’ll receive a complimentary Champagne toast for two (21 years or older). Seating starts at 5:30pm with last seating
Spring may be just a few short months away, but this time of year still has us firmly in winter’s grip. If the colder temperatures and too many days of gray skies leave you feeling a bit stir-crazy, it’s time to get out of the house and away from it all. Winter is an ideal time to relax, unwind, and explore the small towns in your back yard. The smaller crowds make everything from shopping and dining, to simply booking a room much more convenient, and discounted prices simply add to the appeal.
St. Michaels, Maryland is known for its historic charm. During your visit be sure to explore the local bistros, galleries, and antique shops along Main Street. Take time to stroll the brick-lined walkways and soak in the historic flavor of the colonial homes, stone churches, decorated storefronts, and the Chesapeake Bay Maritime Museum.
Harbourtowne’s cozy accommodations offer a selection of standard rooms, point rooms, and our most exclusive suites. Our suites are well-appointed with a king bed in the bedroom, a separate sitting room, and include a fireplace. If you are looking for a more private and secluded setting, a point room may be a good fit. These cottage-style buildings are situated on a small peninsula on the outer edge of our property. Within all of our rooms you can unwind in the comfort of your room, indulge in the breathtaking waterfront view, curl up to a good book, or bask on a sunny balcony.
Tell your special someone it’s time to pack a bag and plan a little stay, just the right amount of time, and a relatively short distance away, to feel like you’ve escaped the everyday.
Although we like to think we’re a little different here, we know that sometimes traveling during the summer can be totally draining. When you add up the cost, the travel time, and the expense of activities, it can be a little too much. If you find summertime traveling to be overwhelming, don’t worry! We are open year around and we can tell you that traveling on the off-season is not only relaxing, but very rewarding.
The holiday season can be a busy time of year with celebrations and family get togethers. This season, why not treat yourself to a little off-season getaway? We think this is the perfect time of year to travel and here is why:
1. Peace & Relaxation: While St. Michaels is primarily a summer town; we have a lot to offer in the off-season as well. Check out some of the town’s holiday festivals and events, you might be surprised by all of the activities you might find.
2. Give your Wallet a Rest: One of the best things about traveling in the off –season is the great deals you can get. We offer great rates for both rooms and golf packages. If you’re interesting in booking a getaway this winter, you can make a reservation online, or by calling us at 1-800-446-9066
3. Open Golf Course: Our award winning golf course, designed by golf course architect Pete Dye is open year round. So, even though it might be a little chilly, you can still get in a great day of golf without having to wait for the crowds. When you’re done, you can head on into downtown St. Michael’s for a hot drink and dinner.
4. Avoid the Traffic: We all know that traveling to and from the Eastern Shore during the summer can be a nightmare. With traffic backing up to the Bay Bridge, it can be daunting to make the trip out. However, traveling in the off-season is typically smooth sailing all the way out to St. Michael’s.
If you are looking for a way to unwind after a busy holiday season, consider a trip out to Harbourtowne. With all of the benefits of traveling in the 0ff-season, how can you say no? For more information about what our resort has to offer, you can visit our website www.harbourtowne.com
If you are looking for a location to host your company meeting this year, Harbourtowne Golf and Conference Center has exactly what you’re looking for. Our beautiful site in St. Michaels, MD is conveniently located less than 90 miles from both Baltimore and Washington, DC and about 150 miles from Philadelphia. CVENT listed Harbourtowne as one of the top 50 places to hold a meeting in the US, and we have to say we agree with them!
We want you to have the very best experience possible, which is why we customize packages to fit you, your business and your budget. Our professional event service coordinators will make sure that every detail is in place, from our well-equipped meeting rooms and flexible floor plans, to coordinating activities and meals to make your meeting productive and enjoyable for all. We offer all-inclusive packages which include everything you will need for your meetings during the day, as well as waterfront guest rooms.
One of the best reasons to host your meeting at Harbourtowne this year has to be our amenities. After a long day at work, we can help you coordinate a day on our award winning 18-hole Pete Dye Championship golf course. Or, take a trip into nearby St. Michaels for some shopping and dining.
Whatever your needs for a company meeting, Harbourtowne is here to help. Contact our sales team [email: firstname.lastname@example.org] at 800.446.9066 to connect with your own personal planner who will assist you with all of the details to make your meeting or event perfect for the needs of your group.
Summer is officially coming to a close, but that doesn’t mean the fun has to end! In fact, fall can be one of the best seasons to make a trip out to the Eastern Shore for some golfing and relaxing. Here are our top reasons to take a golf trip this fall:
5 reasons to go golfing on the eastern shore this year:
1. Weather: Now that we’re past the summer’s sweltering heat, you can enjoy a nice long round of golf without melting. Autumn is the perfect time to visit the Eastern Shore, with temperatures between the mid to high 70’s it is the ideal time to take a golf trip!
2. Smooth Sailing: Summer is over, which means a lot less traffic standing between you, and a relaxing day of golf. Traveling after Labor Day is the best time to get the most out of your weekend without having to worry about when you will actually get there.
3. Harbourtowne Golf Specials: In honor of fall, we are running some great stay and play deals. Now through November you can book a Masters Golf Package (10 players minimum) and receive a $20.00 per room food and beverage credit. Packages start at $249.98 per person and include waterfront guest rooms for 2, three rounds of golf (18 holes with cart), and breakfast each morning. For more information or to book your weekend visit our website.
4. Fall Activities in Saint Michaels: After your round of golf, spend the rest of your afternoon in downtown Saint Michaels enjoying the shopping, dining, and even seasonal festivals. Check out the Fall into Saint Michaels Festival this October.
5. Waterfront Golf Experience: Fall is the perfect time to experience our award-winning course. Designed and built by the legendary golf course architect Pete Dye. Playing to a par 70, our Golf Course has many Pete Dye trademarks. Narrow fairways with target landing areas, carefully placed mounds in the rough, deep bunkers, high grass bunkers, neat little ponds, walls of railroad ties, and small protected greens are just a few of the highlights of this extraordinary course.
Now is the time. Early fall is when small Eastern Shore towns peak. That’s when these small towns stop being detours along the way to the beach and turn into full-fledged weekend destinations. The Eastern Shore is host to wonderful family-oriented annual events including waterfront festivals, seafood festivals, boat races, fishing tournaments, boat shows, museum events, arts and crafts shows, and more.
As summer turns to fall, and weekend warriors try to squeeze in one last getaway, small towns like Easton, Oxford and St. Michaels offer a hint of nostalgia among visitors to the Eastern Shore. There’s an element of timelessness here, with American flags on porches waving in the breeze and bikes meandering down quiet lanes.
Crack into Maryland’s Trademark – Crabs!
Don’t leave the Eastern Shore without sampling the Chesapeake Bay renowned blue crab at a down-home eatery, cracking shells with your own wooden mallet.
Sail on a Historic Skipjack
Though they once dominated the Chesapeake Bay waterways, these traditional fishing vessels are now nearly extinct—but you can hop aboard one of the few remaining ones and experience a bit of history.
Get Back to Nature
Bike the Blackwater National Wildlife Refuge or paddle the tidal marsh pathways of the Fishing Bay Water Trail and look for bald eagles.
UPCOMING NOT-TO-MISS EVENTS
Fall Into St. Michaels 2013
October 19th and 20th
Celebrate the fall season with family fun activities, food, shopping, pumpkin carving, pie contest, and more. Visit St. Michaels Event Calendar for details.
November 2nd, 10am – 4pm
Come celebrate the Bay oyster with live music, great food, family activities, skipjack and buyboat rides, oyster aquaculture and restoration demonstrations, oyster tonging, and cooking demonstrations. Visit cbmm.org for more details.