It’s back-to-school time! But there is still plenty of time to back your bags and enjoy all of the great weather fall has to offer. With fun, food and waterfront views, you really can’t go wrong, what better place to dash off to then the Eastern shore of Maryland.
Here are the top 5 reasons to drop everything and head off to St. Michaels for the perfect fall getaway.
- Get on the Water: If you are looking to be on or near the water for your fall getaway, St. Michaels is the place to be. You can catch a sailboat ride, relax by the water, or even try paddle boarding for the first time. If there is an activity on the water, you will find it here.
- Make a Tee Time: St. Michaels has some of the best golf courses in Maryland. The Harbortowne Golf Course was designed and built by the legendary golf course architect Pete Dye. Playing to a par 70, the Harbortowne Golf Course – has many Pete Dye trademarks. Narrow fairways with target landing areas, carefully placed mounds in the rough, deep bunkers, high grass bunkers, neat little ponds, walls of railroad ties, and small protected greens are just a few of the highlights of this extraordinary course.
- Prime Location: St. Michaels offers amazing views of the bay with a relaxing, low key vibe. Historic downtown offers boutique shopping and delicious restaurants – all without large crowds. If you are lucky you will visit on a weekend with one of the areas many fun and exciting festivals.
- Wine & Dine: If you are looking for a culinary adventure, look no further. St. Michael’s is chock full of restaurants, wineries, distilleries and breweries. Check out the St. Michaels Winery for a delicious experience.
- A little History: For those looking to add a little education to their trip, this is the place to be. MD, and St. Michaels are rich with history. Take a walk through the Chesapeake Bay Maritime Museum, or hop on board the Patriot Historical Cruise and learn about the history of the area with a beautiful view of the bay.
Take advantage of the last bit of warm weather. Call us today, or go online to book your trip to St. Michaels this fall.