Photo Via: stmichaels.org
It’s back-to-school time! But there is still plenty of time to back your bags and enjoy all of the great weather fall has to offer. With fun, food and waterfront views, you really can’t go wrong, what better place to dash off to then the Eastern shore of Maryland.
Here are the top 5 reasons to drop everything and head off to St. Michaels for the perfect fall getaway.
- Get on the Water: If you are looking to be on or near the water for your fall getaway, St. Michaels is the place to be. You can catch a sailboat ride, relax by the water, or even try paddle boarding for the first time. If there is an activity on the water, you will find it here.
- Make a Tee Time: St. Michaels has some of the best golf courses in Maryland. The Harbortowne Golf Course was designed and built by the legendary golf course architect Pete Dye. Playing to a par 70, the Harbortowne Golf Course – has many Pete Dye trademarks. Narrow fairways with target landing areas, carefully placed mounds in the rough, deep bunkers, high grass bunkers, neat little ponds, walls of railroad ties, and small protected greens are just a few of the highlights of this extraordinary course.
- Prime Location: St. Michaels offers amazing views of the bay with a relaxing, low key vibe. Historic downtown offers boutique shopping and delicious restaurants – all without large crowds. If you are lucky you will visit on a weekend with one of the areas many fun and exciting festivals.
- Wine & Dine: If you are looking for a culinary adventure, look no further. St. Michael’s is chock full of restaurants, wineries, distilleries and breweries. Check out the St. Michaels Winery for a delicious experience.
- A little History: For those looking to add a little education to their trip, this is the place to be. MD, and St. Michaels are rich with history. Take a walk through the Chesapeake Bay Maritime Museum, or hop on board the Patriot Historical Cruise and learn about the history of the area with a beautiful view of the bay.
Take advantage of the last bit of warm weather. Call us today, or go online to book your trip to St. Michaels this fall.
Although we like to think we’re a little different here, we know that sometimes traveling during the summer can be totally draining. When you add up the cost, the travel time, and the expense of activities, it can be a little too much. If you find summertime traveling to be overwhelming, don’t worry! We are open year around and we can tell you that traveling on the off-season is not only relaxing, but very rewarding.
The holiday season can be a busy time of year with celebrations and family get togethers. This season, why not treat yourself to a little off-season getaway? We think this is the perfect time of year to travel and here is why:
1. Peace & Relaxation: While St. Michaels is primarily a summer town; we have a lot to offer in the off-season as well. Check out some of the town’s holiday festivals and events, you might be surprised by all of the activities you might find.
2. Give your Wallet a Rest: One of the best things about traveling in the off –season is the great deals you can get. We offer great rates for both rooms and golf packages. If you’re interesting in booking a getaway this winter, you can make a reservation online, or by calling us at 1-800-446-9066
3. Open Golf Course: Our award winning golf course, designed by golf course architect Pete Dye is open year round. So, even though it might be a little chilly, you can still get in a great day of golf without having to wait for the crowds. When you’re done, you can head on into downtown St. Michael’s for a hot drink and dinner.
4. Avoid the Traffic: We all know that traveling to and from the Eastern Shore during the summer can be a nightmare. With traffic backing up to the Bay Bridge, it can be daunting to make the trip out. However, traveling in the off-season is typically smooth sailing all the way out to St. Michael’s.
If you are looking for a way to unwind after a busy holiday season, consider a trip out to Harbourtowne. With all of the benefits of traveling in the 0ff-season, how can you say no? For more information about what our resort has to offer, you can visit our website www.harbourtowne.com
If you are looking for a location to host your company meeting this year, Harbourtowne Golf and Conference Center has exactly what you’re looking for. Our beautiful site in St. Michaels, MD is conveniently located less than 90 miles from both Baltimore and Washington, DC and about 150 miles from Philadelphia. CVENT listed Harbourtowne as one of the top 50 places to hold a meeting in the US, and we have to say we agree with them!
We want you to have the very best experience possible, which is why we customize packages to fit you, your business and your budget. Our professional event service coordinators will make sure that every detail is in place, from our well-equipped meeting rooms and flexible floor plans, to coordinating activities and meals to make your meeting productive and enjoyable for all. We offer all-inclusive packages which include everything you will need for your meetings during the day, as well as waterfront guest rooms.
One of the best reasons to host your meeting at Harbourtowne this year has to be our amenities. After a long day at work, we can help you coordinate a day on our award winning 18-hole Pete Dye Championship golf course. Or, take a trip into nearby St. Michaels for some shopping and dining.
Whatever your needs for a company meeting, Harbourtowne is here to help. Contact our sales team [email: firstname.lastname@example.org] at 800.446.9066 to connect with your own personal planner who will assist you with all of the details to make your meeting or event perfect for the needs of your group.